Get answers to questions about premises liability

The owners of hotels, shops and restaurants may be liable if they fail to keep their properties safe and this results in an injury to their patrons. However, many of the victims who get hurt as a result of a property owner’s negligence, are completely ignorant of the fact that they can pursue financial compensation following a serious injury. For this reason, we would like to take a moment to address a couple of common questions we are often asked by premises liability claimants at our firm:

Can I pursue a premises liability claim after someone attacks me at a hotel or another place of business?

If you are visiting a property and someone attacks and hurts you — i.e., you have been the victim of a violent crime — the facts of the situation will determine whether you have a viable premises liability claim. If the location or neighborhood where the crime and injuries occurred was known to be dangerous then the restaurant, hotel or nightclub could be liable for your injuries. A bar or nightclub, for example, should provide some level of security for its patrons. Also, a shopping center in a dangerous part of town might also have an obligation to provide security for those who visit the property.

Can I sue the city after tripping on a broken sidewalk?

When it comes to holding a city or municipality liable for injuries caused by a broken up section of sidewalk, everything depends on the local city or municipality’s laws. Some government entities are immune to such lawsuits. Therefore, before you decide to pursue a premises liability claim against your city, you need to familiarize yourself with local rules that apply to your situation.

There is an infinite number of questions plaintiffs need answers to after an injury that happens on someone else’s property. For this reason, our law firm is standing by to answer any and all questions you might have.